Bebekins Robin Ruffle Dress ~ Pattern Testing + Hack

Let's talk about the latest Bebekins Pattern, the Robin Ruffle Dress! I had the pleasure of testing this absolutely gorgeous dress! It is available in sizes 1-10, features loads of different options and of course has gorgeous ruffles! You can find the pattern here! 

We love everything about this dress in our house. It allows me as a handmaiden to get creative and make a unique dress each time. It is a classic dress with ruffles down the side, but has many options, including side ties or a tie to the back, full gathered skirt or full side panels with the front skirt pieces gathered or straight, side pockets and button back closure! It certainly is one of my Top 10 patterns for Girls and it's one of my daughters favourite dresses to wear (maybe that's because it has pockets haha)!

So now you know a little bit about it lets talk about the versions I tested! I made 2 dresses during testing, View C - the full gathered skirt and View B - the classic A-Line dress with side pockets and side ties! On both of mine I opted to use snaps for the back enclosure because its easier for me and easier when dressing my daughter!

View C is very playful, it has that really sweet look to it with the full skirt and side ruffles. 
My daughter loves twirling in it! I used a lovely soft Art Gallery for the bodice and a blue shot cotton which is super soft and flowy but with a denim look for the ruffles and skirt! Here are some of the pics from testing!








View B is just so fun with all the options! The side ties cinch it in a little adding to the shape of the dress, the side pockets make it, and I quote my 3 year old "the best dress ever" for any little girl and I had a bit of fun with lace adding it to the bodice and pockets! Not to mention playing around with fabrics - I used the gorgeous Tilda Memory Lane range which just added to that vintage look! Here are some of my favourite pics from testing! 













And because this test was so fun and the designer Diorella was very keen for us to be creative, I came up with an idea for sweet side pockets and created a little video tutorial on how to do it. Diorella loved it and included them in the pattern, so I hope you all love them too! I will pop the video below for those of you who would like to watch it! 

Thank you so much for reading along! If you are a handmaiden, I hope I have inspired you to get creative and maybe you have learnt something new! If you are a customer please feel free to contact my business page if you would like to discuss placing a custom order PrimaBelle Creations

Show me some love below, I would love to hear what you think! 

Much Love and Happy Creating

xx Mel xx






Comments

Popular Posts