Strike Off Sewing - Sew Unique Fabrics - RAYON RELEASE - January 2019!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and you have had a creative start to 2019! I am already back behind the machines, creating for PrimaBelle Creations, fulfilling custom orders and strike off sewing for Sew Unique Fabrics which is what I want to share with you today!

Sew Unique Fabrics first release for 2019 is a Rayon Release! This is a new fabric base for Jess and she has not one but two scrumptious designs available and the best bit ... it is RETAIL so in stock and ready to ship! I was lucky enough to sew up Life In Colour which is a stunning print by a very talented Australian Artist - Tanya Kalantary - Artist. The other print available is Zesty Orange - it is also so beautiful!

I decided to make one of my PrimaMumma Tea Dresses in the print I received as it is a great design to showcase the fabric! A simply flowy, easy to wear dress! Here it is, modelled by me (Size 18-20) and then I will show you some images on my mannequin (size 10)!




 


It's a beautiful design isn't it?! I just love all the colour and detail in this print! The artwork is stunning and the fabric is so beautiful to sew, and the drape is gorgeous making it perfect for dresses, skirts, kimonos, kaftans and more!

For those who are not familiar with rayon let me give you a little info on this beautiful fabric! Rayon fabric is manufactured from naturally occurring polymers. Although it is man-made, it is not a synthetic fibre, which means that it has properties that are similar to other naturally occurring fibres such as cotton or silk. Rayon fabrics are generally soft and drape well, and the high absorbency means that it takes dye well resulting it beautifully coloured fabrics. Rayon is a popular fabric for summer clothing as it is lightweight, drapes well, it is cool and flowy.

And just to show you the two beautiful designs on offer in this release, here is a stock image of both! This fabric is 125gsm which is perfect for rayon as you want it to be lightweight and flowy but not see through and it is 140cm wide!



So beautiful right?! Do you have a favourite? Make sure you jump over to the Sew Unique Fabrics Group on Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest fabric and to share all your gorgeous pics and get advice!

Thank you so much for reading along! If you are a handmaiden, I hope I have inspired you to get creative and maybe you have learnt something new! If you are a customer please feel free to contact my business page if you would like to discuss placing a custom order ~ PrimaBelle Creations xx

Show me some love below, I would love to hear what you think! 

Much Love and Happy Creating

xx Mel xx



Comments

Popular Posts