Strike Off Sewing - Sew Unique Fabrics - Mermaids/Merboys Please Preorder!

Hello!! Have you been creating, sewing or making lately? It has been very busy here for PrimaBelle Creations - lots of orders to sew, my daughters 4th birthday, easter and general life. BUT I got to do some super FUN Strike Off Sewing for Sew Unique Fabrics which is what I want to share with you today!

The lovely Jess is the owner/designer of Sew Unique Fabrics and I have to say it is refreshing to come across a business with great designs but also exceptional customer service. She really goes above and beyond, helping colour match fabrics, sourcing customer requests where she can, adding designs people are after, evolving her range (SUMS are amazing) and general customer service with a smile!

You probably want to know more about the preorder, am I right?! This round is all about Mermaids, Merboys and GLITTER! It is so pretty and there is literally something for everyone. I was very lucky to get a few strike offs to sew. I made a gorgeous Hoodie for my daughter, 6 undies for my daughter and also 3 boys boxerwear. Everything matches so beautifully and some of their in stock solids and yarn dyed stripes also match! Fabric options are Cotton Lycra, Cotton Woven and Bamboo Lycra!

First up we have the gorgeous Marty Hoodie, pattern by Ainslee Fox which featured in Issue 11 of One Thimble Magazine. This pattern is a knit pattern. I made a size 5 tunic length. I used a Mermaids Please kids panel for the front, Purple and Blue Mermaid Scales for the sleeves and Outer Hood and paired it with the perfectly matching Elusive Eggplant Solid for the inner hood, neckband and back. Apart from having the scales upside down hahaha it turned out gorgeous! Here are some pics to drool over!






Pretty AMAZING right! The detail is incredible and I love the Glitter Look ... all the fun and NO MESS! I honestly can't get enough of this round and I love that my daughter LOVES it too! 

So next up I will share with you the NEW Boxerwear SUM - I was fortunate to be the first person to sew this NEW product. Jess is so talented and came up with a metre of material with all you need to create the S.U.A.T Boxerwear in sizes 1-12 - yep 3 pairs from the ONE metre!!! So here are mine...




How cool are they!!! I used a solid I had for the front piece lining because I really wanted to do glitter leg bands! I think the glitter look is great, not girly at all which is awesome! Really impressed with these, Jess did a wonderful job designing this SUM (aka Sew Unique Metre in case you were wondering lol)!

Now, the last one to share with you is the Kids Undie SUM 1-6 (similar also available in 7-12 and women's)! We LOVE LOVE LOVE these! They are sooo cute and easy to whip up. A few changes were made to the fabric panel after I tested it, to bring the panel images up a bit higher and adjust the sizing of the image a little. Safe to say Jess aims for perfection and that is what you will get. Again with this SUM you get all you need to make 6 pairs of undies. I used the S.U.A.T Kids Scrundlewear Pattern and made size 6-8 for all mine so my daughter could model them! 








So FUN right?! Make sure you go PREORDER your fabrics NOW because the preorder closes this Sunday night 22nd April 2018 (Aus Time). And don't forget to jump over to the Sew Unique Fabrics Group on Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest fabric and to share all your gorgeous pics and get advice!

Thank you so much for reading along! If you are a handmaiden, I hope I have inspired you to get creative and maybe you have learnt something new! If you are a customer please feel free to contact my business page if you would like to discuss placing a custom order ~ PrimaBelle Creations xx

Show me some love below, I would love to hear what you think! 

Much Love and Happy Creating

xx Mel xx

Comments

Popular Posts